Re: Announcing EOL for Jessie images

We are among the population of users who are still using the Jessie AMIs and, until reading this, had planned to until 2020 due to LTS.

We often have to rebuild instances on top of your Jessie AMIs since there are various hurdles we still have to clear before Stretch will be an option for our whole stack.

Completely accept that limited resources mean not everything can be supported for the same length of time, but would really like a way to keep access to the Jessie AMIs on AWS Marketplace.

(I'd be happy just to copy it to our account but that doesn't seem possible due to permissions)

--
David

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 18:02, Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 10:53:19AM -0700, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> I've submitted requests to the AWS Marketplace to remove our Jessie
> listings. They haven't yet acted on these requests, but they should do
> so in the coming week.

It sounds like the removal of the jessie listings has taken effect, and
this is apparently causing some pain for users. The AWS Marketplace team
has reached out to be to relay that they've been contacted by multiple
customers who are still relying on the jessie and are confused by their
disappearance. It seems that a good number of them are aware of LTS and
are expecting to make use of it.

I wonder if it might be worth it to continue to list the jessie images?