Re: Packaging terraform?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 04:30:38PM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> Consider the terraform AWS provider:
> https://github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-aws/releases
> It has a release on a weekly basis. GCE and Azure are bi-weekly:
> https://github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-google/releases
> https://github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-azurerm/releases
>
> I'm not at all opposed to having these packages easily available, but I
> see it being a lot of work and a generally thankless job.

Alternatively, terraform itself could be packaged, but not the provider
binaries.

By default, it will download the providers.  I don't know of any easy
way to force terraform to use system-installed provider binaries anyhow.
Maybe not ideal, but also not that different from the situation with
maven, pip, golang, etc.

I'm not sure there'd be much benefit though.

Ross