Re: Possibilities for a special Azure or cloud Linux package

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 06:11:37PM +0000, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> In this case and as Waldi is a kernel-team member maybe he can speak to other
> team mates about how they would feel about building one more kernel flavour
> called something close to cloud or virtualisation.

The initial mails was sent to the kernel team.  And for the generic
cloud image the response was not too disapproving.

> Looking back at this thread we have a few supporters with justifiable use
> cases and such kernel will serve well to our users, so I'd say lets bring it to
> the kernel team.

I already have a patch, but still wait for at least one peep from
Microsoft, as they initially requested this feature.

Bastian

--
Punishment becomes ineffective after a certain point.  Men become insensitive.
		-- Eneg, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7