dieas for the sprint

Here are my 10 cents, just some crazy ideas.
I had some time during my flight, so I wrote down some ideas.
You can also just ignore this and we start tomorrow from scratch.

Topics to work on
--------------------
I think we can form several work groups

1) FAI config space for GCE, Azure, AWS
2) how to create/boot/run the build VMs on casulana (involves DSA)
3) create disk image inside VM
4) test disk image in cloud environments

1) have a look at the classes
   We should have a class for every cloud and some general base classes
   short description of each class what it does

2) We or DSA creates a golden disk image for the build VM, which we can
   copy and start for every new build.
   We could boot an empty VM from a FAI CD, which then installs our
   build environment.
   starting the VM via virsh, fai-kvm or ....?
   see also additions to 2) below

3) log into VM, call fai-diskimage, save logs, copy disk image, shutdown VM
   discard disk image of VM

4) Do we like to test the disk image also in a VM on casulana?
   or just in the real cloud environment?

Do we use get a new user on casulana for the build process?
Should we set up a local package repository for newer packages? fai, cloud-init, wagent,.....

Will we use newer fai packages from fai-project.org or should Mrfai
provide official bpo packages?

Workflow for changes of the FAI CS
Should every git push generate new images?

------------------------------
2) how to boot/create the build VM

Which restrictions do DSA have?
private network for VMs
DSA will create tap devices in a bridge, tap devices belong to cduser
DHCP server in this private network

Once the network is set up by DSA we are independent of DSA

cduser can start VMs using fai-kvm

- fai-kvm: start VM with a fixed MAC address to get a predefined IP
  choose boot medium, nographics mode not yet available
SHOW fai-kvm -h

create a disk image for our building VM using a FAI CD installation, master.raw
then do build process
 - copy master.raw to build1.raw
 - start build VM using build1.raw
 - rm build1.raw after the disk image was created inside VM

--
regards Thomas