RE: Call for Testing: Stretch Cloud Images on AWS

Hello Noah

I saw your blog post (which I've attached to this email), then the next
time I needed an EC2 instance I tested the images on a non-IPv6 region
(SG) and an IPv6 enabled VPC

overall the image looks fine, no extraneous things, sysctl is clean,
etc. great job. :)

however there is a thing I'd like to see changed
/etc/network/interfaces

I remember reading about #846583 on the list but I didn't have anything
to say back then.

could you move the configuration for eth1 to eth8 to
/etc/network/interfaces.d/? also can you _please_ move out of
/usr/local the helper?

i'd like to see an /e/n/interfaces  like this

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
# Include files from /etc/network/interfaces.d:
# other interfaces are independently configured in /etc/network/interfaces.d/
source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet6 manual
  up /lib/inet6-ifup-helper
  down /lib/inet6-ifup-helper

$ ls -l /etc/network/interfaces.d/
eth1
eth2
eth8

- cloud-init complains when net-tools is not installed (it appears to
work anyway) bug #853926

- I'd like to see all locales installed (but I understand that is a topic
for another discussion)

I know my complains are mostly esthetics, but is part of the user
experience the first time he/she logins into an instance.

thanks!

----- Forwarded message from "Noah Meyerhans: Noah Meyerhans" <user@rss2email.invalid> -----