Re: dieas for the sprint

> ------------------------------
> 2) how to boot/create the build VM
>
> Which restrictions do DSA have?
> private network for VMs
> DSA will create tap devices in a bridge, tap devices belong to cduser
> DHCP server in this private network
>
> Once the network is set up by DSA we are independent of DSA

Hi Thomas

thanks for chiming on the subject. Since you're the MrFaI I am not
surprised to see a FAI based solution :) I had a look at tap devices
assignment and it works well.

For the record
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/tuntap.txt
has the bit about the permissions and the security implications

For the Step by step setup in this stack overflow question.
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/243382/making-dev-net-tun-available-to-qemu

> cduser can start VMs using fai-kvm
>
> - fai-kvm: start VM with a fixed MAC address to get a predefined IP
>   choose boot medium, nographics mode not yet available
> SHOW fai-kvm -h
>
> create a disk image for our building VM using a FAI CD installation,
> master.raw
> then do build process
>  - copy master.raw to build1.raw
>  - start build VM using build1.raw
>  - rm build1.raw after the disk image was created inside VM

as long as I can reproduce the build outside casulana (that was my main
grief with petterson-live) so we can build for Vagrant boxes a CI
toolchain, on top of that I am fine with every technical solution here.