Vagrant Boxes

Hi,

In Vagrant Cloud I see mostly Virtualbox Vagrant Boxes. Can I somehow
help with getting some free providers working with the image, like
libvirt, lxc or docker? Is the problem that there is no packer setup for
the other Vagrant providers? So if I would create those packer setups
and send a patch would that be the way to go?

Also, is it possible to open the TODO list [1] with free software
somehow (or if someone could tell me what the items in that list are)?

Joonas

[1] https://trello.com/b/lVRI6QJt/offical-debian-vagrant-base-boxes