Re: openstack stretch images failing to build...

On 11/30/2016 08:35 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Do the openstack images use debootstrap as a package resolver?

Yes.

> If so, yeah, that broke  for most nontrivial installations in stretch.

After some tests, it is libpam-systemd that is pulling systemd-shim. So
I wonder 2 things:

1/ Do we really need libpam-systemd?
2/ If we do, what is the way to get systemd-sysv installed *without*
systemd-shim? libpam-systemd has as dependency: systemd-shim (>= 8-2) |
systemd-sysv. How come it's not the opposite way around, and the -shim
version has priority?
3/ If systemd-shim and systemd-sysv are conflicting, how come this isn't
declared in the packages?

Finally, does anyone have a trick to fix this issue?

I'll upload a version without installing libpam-systemd at the
debootstrap stage, and install it *after* the debootstrap phase.
Hopefully, this will be a good fix.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)