Re: FAI image creation

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 06:01:48PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I'd like to explore the concept of putting together a git repository
> that is a FAI configuration space ffor this work.

The consensus among those of us still in Seattle is that we go ahead
with this.

> We might have classes like CLOUD, EC2, GCE, OFFICIAL, BACKPORTS,
> EC2_ENHANCED_NETWORK_ADAPTER, etc.

Also agreed. Should we start a completely new FAI config space from
scratch, or start from the simple example and customize it as needed? I
generally prefer starting a new config space, but working from an
example may be more condusive to collaborative hacking.

> I assert that /git/cloud/fai-images.git on git.debian.org would be a
> reasonable place for this.
> Does anyone disagree?

I agree (speaking only for myself).

> Thoughts and comments welcome.  I'm not trying to  roll over any other
> work or move too fast.  I just want to keep the momentum of the sprint;
> I'd rather change things and have a bit of redo than have nothing done
> in a month.

I don't think you're moving too fast. Much of this afternoon (now that
we've made it through the complete sprint agenda) has been focused on
hacking on FAI and getting familiar with it, so there certainly seems to
be a general willingness to move further in that direction for now. If
it turns out to be a dead end, we'll find out soon enough.

noah