Re: [vagrant] issues with jessie64

Hi,

On Sun Apr 24, 2016 at 10:07:41 -0300, Tiago Ilieve wrote:
> Martin,
>
> On 23 April 2016 at 18:50, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org> wrote:
> > here is just an idea what could be optimized:
> >
> > (...)
>
> Please don't. I don't know what your use cases are, but nearly every
> time I've used Vagrant, I needed a quick and ready-to-use OS
> installation that could be easily thrown away. Of course some of the
> packages you listed are probably won't ever used, but I completely
> agree with Emmanuel: this is not a minimal image that doesn't even
> comes with man pages.

IFF we go that way, can we at least make sure that this image does not
pull in pinentry-gtk2?  There is no need to pull in libraries for a GTK
environment.

zobel@kvasir ~/projects/debian/test % vagrant init debian/jessie64
A `Vagrantfile` has been placed in this directory. You are now
ready to `vagrant up` your first virtual environment! Please read
the comments in the Vagrantfile as well as documentation on
`vagrantup.com` for more information on using Vagrant.
zobel@kvasir ~/projects/debian/test % vagrant up --provider virtualbox
Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
==> default: Box 'debian/jessie64' could not be found. Attempting to find and install...
    default: Box Provider: virtualbox
    default: Box Version: >= 0
==> default: Loading metadata for box 'debian/jessie64'
    default: URL: https://atlas.hashicorp.com/debian/jessie64
==> default: Adding box 'debian/jessie64' (v8.4.0) for provider: virtualbox
    default: Downloading: https://atlas.hashicorp.com/debian/boxes/jessie64/versions/8.4.0/providers/virtualbox.box
==> default: Successfully added box 'debian/jessie64' (v8.4.0) for 'virtualbox'!
==> default: Importing base box 'debian/jessie64'...
==> default: Matching MAC address for NAT networking...
==> default: Checking if box 'debian/jessie64' is up to date...
==> default: Setting the name of the VM: test_default_1461512677547_78030
==> default: Clearing any previously set network interfaces...
==> default: Preparing network interfaces based on configuration...
    default: Adapter 1: nat
==> default: Forwarding ports...
    default: 22 (guest) => 2222 (host) (adapter 1)
==> default: Booting VM...
==> default: Waiting for machine to boot. This may take a few minutes...
    default: SSH address: 127.0.0.1:2222
    default: SSH username: vagrant
    default: SSH auth method: private key
    default:
    default: Vagrant insecure key detected. Vagrant will automatically replace
    default: this with a newly generated keypair for better security.
    default:
    default: Inserting generated public key within guest...
    default: Removing insecure key from the guest if it's present...
    default: Key inserted! Disconnecting and reconnecting using new SSH key...
==> default: Machine booted and ready!
==> default: Checking for guest additions in VM...
    default: No guest additions were detected on the base box for this VM! Guest
    default: additions are required for forwarded ports, shared folders, host only
    default: networking, and more. If SSH fails on this machine, please install
    default: the guest additions and repackage the box to continue.
    default:
    default: This is not an error message; everything may continue to work properly,
    default: in which case you may ignore this message.
==> default: Installing rsync to the VM...
==> default: Rsyncing folder: /home/zobel/projects/debian/test/ => /vagrant
vagrant up --provider virtualbox  6.60s user 4.13s system 3% cpu 4:43.26 total
zobel@kvasir ~/projects/debian/test % vagrant ssh

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
vagrant@debian-jessie:~$ apt-cache policy pinentry-gtk2
pinentry-gtk2:
  Installed: 0.8.3-2
  Candidate: 0.8.3-2
  Version table:
 *** 0.8.3-2 0
        500 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
vagrant@debian-jessie:~$

--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster