Re: AWS EC2: 8.3 image for testing - fixed root resize, etc (was Re: AWS EC2: Jessie 8.2 image for testing)

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 12:28 PM Ognyan Kulev <ognyan@ognyankulev.com> wrote:
На 19.02.2016 в 17:11, James Bromberger написа:
> On 17/02/2016 11:17 PM, James Bromberger wrote:
>> |AMI generated in US East 1 and shared publicly: |ami-f0e7d19a

In https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00WUNJIEE/ and AMI listings,
OS info is not updated:

Latest Version: 8.3
Operating System: Linux/Unix, Debian 8.1

On the second line it should be either just "8" or "8.x" or updated "8.3".

And great job fixing the resize bug :-)

Best regards,
Ognyan Kulev

> Anders Ingemann can possible help you with any doubts that may come up. He's a really nice guy. :-)

You betcha Zied! All of your build automation and instance creation woes should be taken care of by the bootstrap-vz testing framework. Especially for ec2.
The stuff that is missing is creating a SSH connection to the server and testing various bits on the booted image itself. Right now bootstrap-vz automates the entire rest of the process, this includes generation of manifests (which are combined from a pool of partial manifests).
So the ground work has already been done for you - the cool thing here is that we can build the stuff in an abstract way so that your various use cases for a DB or webserver can be written once and tested on virtualbox, ec2 and docker (these are the ones I have created testing harnesses for, so far).
--
Anders Ingemann