NoCloud cloud-init datasource

Greetings, apologies if this isn't the right place or if this has been asked and dealt with before, but are there any plans to enable the NoCloud datasource in the published cloud images?

I'm not using OpenStack but I am enjoying the benefits of cloud images.  So far, my Linux of choice (Debian, of course) is the only distribution that has been giving me a few surmountable yet frustrating issues running as a guest.  The ConfigDrive datasource is ok, if a little fiddly, but even once configured the cloud-init system is still trying to make contact with my (nonexistent) metadata server and somehow still thinks its being managed by OpenStack.  Conversely when using the NoCloud datasource with other distributions, configuration is done and finalised with no extra considerations.

For those of us who aren't using the whole OpenStack shebang, configuring an image with NoCloud is a simple `cloud-localds` away and it'd be great if the Debian cloud images supported this too..

Cliff Rowley
Thinker, Tinkerer, Dork
@cliffrowley