Use of debconf in cloud-init

Hi

Currently our cloud-init package carries one debconf question to select
data sources.  This may be handy for people who install cloud-init by
hand (are there any)?  However most image generators override this
settings themselfs anyway to a more appropriate value.

It provides some maintainance overhead:
- the list needs to be modified for new data sources, which usually does
  not happen,
- it carries translations, which needs to be updated as well and
- unsupported entries are silently discarded.

Does anyone know a use for this?  Or could we just drop it and expect
users who really want to install it by hand to configure cloud-init to
their needs?

Regards,
Bastian

--
It would seem that evil retreats when forcibly confronted.
		-- Yarnek of Excalbia, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5