Re: Sprint Report: Debian Cloud Sprint November 2016 (LONG!)

And here are updates on some of the actions that I took...

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 05:07:58PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>*** ACTION: Sledge to push unattended-upgrades on debian-devel.

See thread at https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/11/msg00117.html
Most people seem to be happy with the idea; there are some (expected)
worries about edge cases. I'll get back to this again shortly.

>*** ACTION: Sledge to start organising HSM for the CD build machine

Not started yet.

>*** ACTION: Sledge to switch the version of the openstack image to
>    include timestamp and look at adding changelog CVE fixed should be
>    included in the changelog of the image.

Done - see the latest build at

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/openstack/8.6.3-20161129/

for an example. I've got a script running daily from cron to check for
updates and send mail. That mail goes to me for now - would it be
better going to debian-cloud@l.d.d?

>*** ACTION: Sledge to talk with the Release Team at the Cambridge
>    Mini-DebConf to see how we can work together in the best way.

Done. The Release Team are happy to work with us, and stable-updates
is the right place to be uploading packages. Getting reasonable
updates in won't be a problem, but obviously they're not going to give
us carte blanche here. We need to be working on sensible updates and
justifying them so that others understand what they're doing and how
important they might be for us.

>*** ACTION: Sledge to write up policy for official images and post it
>    on the website (#706052)

Not started yet.

Is there anybody out there?