Re: Comments on live-build, vmdebootstrap, bootstrap-vz, and live-wrapper

Le 16/08/2016 à 17:56, Sam Hartman a écrit :

> Please note the follow-up to the cloud list.

Hi Sam

Thank your for this very thorough review of image creation tools.
You made me google for "object oriented shell programming" ...

But ...
could you maybe also have a looker at packer ? (
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/packer ) It can create image for
various virtualization platforms and cloud providers.

Contrary to the tools you mentionned packer mostly create disk images
via calling a virtualization software running the debian installer.
You have then the full customization of the debian installer preseed
hooks. Now packer will not create live CDs.

I am using packer with success to create the VirtualBox Vagrant debian
box at https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Cloud/VagrantBaseBoxes

Emmanuel