Re: Packer as Debian package

Le 04/05/2016 19:24, Daniel Stender a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> wanted to drop the note that Packer is now available as Debian package:
> https://packages.debian.org/unstable/packer
>
> Thanks,
> DS

Hi Daniel
Thanks for closing the RFP bug :)

I've seen packaging for go is not that trivial due to the number micro
librairies involved. For the record I am using packer at the momment to
create the virtualbox based vagrant base boxes for Debian on Atlas.

Now for these base boxes, the plan is to switch to bootstrap-vz, because
unfortunately Virtualbox do not run inside KVM, and that's what the
debian cd team has as a build infrastructure.

However it is still good to have packer inside the archive, as it allows
to create VMs for different kind of OS, not only Debian.