Re: debian images for vagrant / virtualbox

On 6/04/2015 5:07 PM, Tiago Ilieve wrote:
Jan,
2) Are there any other (official?) base images besides the one by Emmanuel Kasper (http://www.subsole.org/vanilladebianbox)?
I guess there isn't something for Vagrant like the Official AMIs for
EC2[1] which are (were? AFAIK, he doesn't works for Amazon anymore)
maintained by James Bromberger. What I found closer to this are those
boxes[2] provided by Kraksoft[3]. The scripts used to generate it are
available at their repository[4].

... "are" maintained by me! :) . Yes, not working for AWS now, but still maintaining these and pushing them to the AWS marketplace and sharing them on EC2 - with several DDs now maintaining other Debian related activities in the same account.

As you noted, in bootstrap-vz there is a virtualbox-vagrant.manifest.json, so I suggest that -- if there is a way to publish (and sign/prove) the image into an official vagrant repo -- then ping the DPL and confirm doing this (a loose delegation) then do it!! ;)

You can, of course, always use bootstrap-vz[5] to create your own boxes.
[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/AmazonEC2Image
[2]: https://github.com/kraksoft/vagrant-box-debian/releases
[3]: http://www.kraksoft.pl/
[4]: https://github.com/kraksoft/vagrant-box
[5]: https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz
--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to