Re: Debian images on Microsoft Azure cloud

Le Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 08:40:24PM -0500, Brian Gupta a écrit :

> So after discussion with the CD team, we're on the same page, and have
> a proposal to allow you to move forward immediately with publishing
> these images, with full use of all needed Debian Trademarks.
>
> Proposal:
> -------------
> 1) These images will be "Official" Debian images, in that they will be
> considered product shipped by the Debian Project (technically SPI).
> 2) Some time before Debian 9.0 releases, the CD team will be
> publishing a baseline policy for official cloud images, with input
> from TM team.
> 3) This approval is time limited until Debian 9.0 release date, by
> which time the images should be in compliance with new policy.
> (extenuating circumstances not withstanding. e.g. - Baseline policy
> wasn't completed soon enough to provide enough time to comply.)

Hi Brian,

I probably misinterpret what you wrote, but I hope that things are not taking
place privately while we think that the public discussion here is actually
where the policy that you mention is being drafted.  A lot of work has been
done on the Amazon / bootstrap-vz side, and I think that it gives us stakes in
the decision-making process.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--