Re: Debian images on Microsoft Azure cloud

Le Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 08:50:32PM +0100, Richard Hartmann a écrit :

> with my TM hat on: It seems to me that there is rough consensus on
> -cloud and -cd that the plans outlined above would merrit a name like
> "Debian for Azure" or "Debian Cloud for Azure" or similar. Are there
> any strong objections to this?
>
> It is also clear that there is more work to be done on the longer-term
> requirements which would then apply to all providers involved. That's
> a longer process though and I feel it would be unfair to let people
> wait when other players already use the name by permission.

Hi Richard and everybody,

I fully agree, and I think we should even agree with let it be called just
"Debian Jessie", as this is what we have done with the AWS image that contains
Jessie plus a cloud-init backport plus a few files generated by bootstrap-vz.

<https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/seller-profile/ref=srh_res_product_vendor?id=890be55d-32d8-4bc8-9042-2b4fd83064d5>

I hope that we can later turn this long, unfinished thread into a proper policy
that will make it easier to distribute Debian on cloud platforms (as opposed
to: "send an enquiry and read 100 answers").

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy