Re: Debian images on Microsoft Azure cloud

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 04:01:50PM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Unfortunately, "driven by technological necessity", or the size of
> changes, isn't a point of argumentation (see my previous mail). All of
> the packages must be taken from stable, unchanged, and if some are taken
> from backports, this must be explicit, and the image shouldn't be called
> "stable Debian". Official, yes, but not stable (maybe stable + some
> backports would be ok...).

I find it interresting that you are re-enacting the great firmware wares
of 2008, which could only be resolved after a lot of blood was spilled.

If -backports is not stable, neither is -security, -updates or
-proposed-updates.  This also means that d-i does not install stable.
Or that we have stable that can run on modern hardware (yes, my current
desktop does not even remotely work with 3.16).

Anyway, lets not forget: Our priorities are our users and free software.

Bastian

--
Deflector shields just came on, Captain.