Re: vagrant - debiansid

Hi.

olivier sallou <olivier.sallou@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to do so using bootstrap-vz, but there is failure at vagrant up, I
> can't connect, neither using vagrant insecure key nor using directly
> login/password.
>
> However, if I launch it directly via VirtualBox, I can use root login
> successfully.
>
> I wonder if it is not a VirtualBoxAdditions issue / port mapping,...
>
> during bootstrap-vz I see this error:
>
> """
> The headers for the current running kernel were not found. If the following
> module compilation fails then this could be the reason.
>
> Building the main Guest Additions module ...fail!
> (Look at /var/log/vboxadd-install.log to find out what went wrong)
> Doing non-kernel setup of the Guest Additions ...done.
> Installing the Window System drivers
> Could not find the X.Org or XFree86 Window System, skipping.
> """
>
> It seems that bootstrap-vz with VirtualBox does not add automatically the
> linux kernel headers package to compile additions, nor X packages (but this
> is not the issue here).

Yes, there are/were issues about the kernel header versions between host
and target.

> I have no issue with other "base" boxes (Debian, CentOS, ..) using vagrant.

Which version of bootstrap-vz did you use ?

I remember we once needed the version from the development branch in
Git.

Then it seems the master branch was working at some point, since I
changed this :
https://github.com/olberger/DebianJessieBaseBox/commit/939e6d22bb5334e90c77a84021eb8887f96095d5

Hope this helps.

Best regards,