Re: Debian Jessie AMI is missing resolv.conf

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 7:16 PM Christophe Bernard <christophe.s.bernard@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have instanciated the Jessie AMI (ami-e31a6594, available in eu-west-1).
Once logged in, I noticed there was no resolv.conf file, which explained why my cloudinit script failed.

Is there any rational explanation ? Did I miss something ?

Thanks,

Chris

The resolv.conf is deleted when the AMI is created, because the DNS server addresses at image creation are most likely not the same as the ones when an instance is launched. They *should* be fetched from the DHCP server at boot time, have a look in /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf (not sure if that exists on the jessie ami though, might be wheezy only)
--
Anders Ingemann