Re: Debian Wheezy 7.6 images in HP cloud

On 07/15/2014 12:31 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded new images in the HP cloud. The public image IDs are:
>
> region-a.geo-1:
> d0b15522-c437-4445-993a-17ef0c1535d7
>
> region-b.geo-1:
> 0574e88b-caf6-4654-a9ba-e0f957924669
>
> Note that these were created with openstack-debian-images version 0.10,
> which means that it also include an "apt-get upgrade -y" in the image
> creation process. So the latest security patches up to today were included.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

As the above images had the issue that they were not in the correct Qemu
format, I have deleted them, and re-uploaded a new working image. Here
are the new IDs:

region-a.geo-1:
218b1158-8ca4-4660-85fa-e733188b375a

region-b.geo-1:
497a4a2b-caac-4ab3-a51d-9ea490442886

Also, I have finally found out the reason why it was impossible to have
both "nova console-log" and the VNC / SPICE console to work: it's a bug
which has been opened since 2003!!! Yes, more than 10 years ago:

I applied the provided patch to sysvinit in Wheezy, then installed the
patched bootlogd within the image, then tadaaaaaa! \o/

Now, we got to get this fixed for the Jessie release first. So I guess I
will try to get #181756 closed in Sid / Jessie first, then I'll do my
best to have the release team accept the fix for Wheezy as well, but I'm
really not sure they will do.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)