Re: Bootstrap-vz to produce Debian testing Vagrant boxes

Hi Stéphane,

> Allow me to apologize for any mistakes as English is not my native
> language.

Don't worry. There is a lot of non-native English speakers here. I guess
that is fine as long as we could understand each other (and use a spell
checker, of course - but we should do that for any language anyway).

> Is the script able to create a Debian testing Vagrant VM?

Well, yes and no. We have spotted a bug last week (issue #121[1]) which
prevents the VirtualBox Guest Additions from being installed if the
kernel version of the image being bootstrapped is different from the one
running on the host machine. Until we figure out a way to fix that, yes
you are able to build a testing Vagrant box, but without Guest Additions
you can't share folders, forward ports, etc. - what makes the box a
little less useful and certainly prevents you from using all Vagrant
resources.

> Is there a huge difference between the master and development branches
> on github?

There is a difference, as the last merge between them happened more than
two months ago, but I can't say if it is huge or not. I would advise you
to use the development branch if you are looking for something that
isn't on master yet. It isn't supposed to be an unstable branch, but a
place where we could add new features and fix non-critical bugs.

Regards,
Tiago.

[1]: https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/issues/121