Re: Debian 7 AMI AWS instance

In looking at Amazon's own chart,
http://aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-ami/instance-type-matrix/

The C3.*'s do support PV or HVM, so why would you want to care about HVM anyways... I thought HVM was slower anyways and if you had a choice you'd want a PV based server.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Tomasz Rybak <tomasz.rybak@post.pl> wrote:
Dnia 2014-01-10, pią o godzinie 00:45 -0800, Brian Quandt pisze:
> I noticed that the AWS instance of Debian 7 does not offer support for
> any of the new c3.* instance types.
>
> Any reason for this, I'd think it would be just a setting int the
> marketplace settings for the AMI?
>
> Love to get debian running on  the "newer" AWS CPU's and of course the
> corresponding SSD supported EBS drives.

We still have problems with booting Debian AMIs on machines
using HVM. We are working on it and as soon as problem
is solve images will be made available.

Thanks for interests.
Regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak  GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860