Re: How to get server ssh keys on debian ec2 instance?

It works with the pv image.

I'm still not getting the system log with the hvm ami, ami-0632fd6e.
I've tried the hvm ami in other regions as well, with no success.
I had the same experience with an earlier release several months ago.
I have tried with various instance types.  Instance checks were ok.
I waited over half an hour.  I used standard root ebs device only.
When I try "Get System Log" on the AWS console, it just shows a blank
black box.

I blindly accepted the fingerprint reported by ssh and was in fact
able to log in to the machine.  I don't want to do that, though.

Could it be the console isn't going to the right place on the hvm image?