Re: AWS EC2: 7.3 AMIs now 'stable', 7.2 deprecated

Although I can see these images if I do a "aws ec2 describe-images --owners 379101102735" (from eu-west-1), I still can't see them via the AWS GUI in AWS Marketplace when I either search for Debian, or the debian account number.

Should they be available via the AWS "Launch Instance" GUI yet?

Regards,
--
David

On 20 December 2013 14:53, James Bromberger <james@rcpt.to> wrote:

On 20/12/2013 12:24 AM, James Bromberger wrote:
> Bits, 32 bit, 64 bit
> US-East-1, ami-33a68f5a, ami-0da18864
> US-West-1, ami-8ebd8dcb, ami-96bd8dd3
> US-West-2, ami-6a98fc5a, ami-7298fc42
> EU-West-1, ami-66836b11, ami-8e826af9
> AP-Southeast-1, ami-28efbb7a, ami-20efbb72
> AP-Southeast-2, ami-7774eb4d, ami-7b74eb41
> AP-Northeast-1, ami-53a0c252, ami-17a0c216
> SA-East-1, ami-8f4fee92, ami-954fee88

I'm going to call this stable now. This set of 7.3 AMIs have been now pushed to the AWS Marketplace team and should be distributed and updated in the next few days. Charles Plessy and I have noted that there are some functions of cloud-init (as installed from backports) that may have some bugs, but there are no regressions from previous functionality. Notably, apt_update:true, apt_upgrade: true, and packages: [list] does not seem to work. However, Shell script execution is still fine, and adding SSH keys appears to be OK.