Re: Debian cloud images for OpenStack?

On 5 July 2013 18:38, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
> On 07/06/2013 12:01 AM, Jeff Licquia wrote:
>> 1.  build-debian-cloud, version 1  (shell).  This builds Amazon and
>> Google Compute Engine images.
>
> I already wrote about it (so I wont repeat myself), this one, it its
> current form, would be rejected by the FTP masters.
>
>> 2.  build-debian-cloud, version 2 (Python), to be released soon.
>
> Can you share your script, even if it's not finished?
>
>> 3.  zigo's openstack-debian-images
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2013/05/msg00121.html
>> git://anonscm.debian.org/openstack/openstack-debian-images.git
>> OpenStack-only (though I suspect the images would work fine with very
>> little modification on Amazon, at least).
>
> I would very much welcome such modifications. Unfortunately, I am not an
> AWS user, so I can't do it myself, plus I have no time or motivation for
> it (I don't feel like working on a non-free platform).
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)
>

> --
>

> Can you share your script, even if it's not finished?
I'd love to Thomas, but I really want to have *something* working
before releasing anything (even though it would only be an alpha
release).
The reason being that to finish this I need to _not_ know of any major
improvements I could make.
Knowing myself I'd just go right ahead and refactor the stuff before
anything is up and running and I'd very much like to avoid that :-)
Releasing the code now would conflict with that goal, because surely
people would offer suggestions for improvement (or at least I hope
they will).