Re: Applying for "A cloud image for bioinformatics with Debian"

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 09:24:06PM +0800, harryxiyou a écrit :
>>
>> HLBS design ideas are here: http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/HlfsDesign
>>
>> Now, HLBS has many features like following.
>> 1, Support Snapshots -- http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/HlfsSnapshotDesign
>>
>> 2, Support Cache -- http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/HLFS_CACHE_DESIGN
>>
>> 3, Support Block Compression --
>> http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/About_block_Compression
>>
>> 4, Support Segment clean(simple Garbage Collection) --
>> http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/SEG_CLEAN_USAGE
>
> Dear Harry,
>
> it looks like an ambitions project, that is much outside my skills (biologist
> and Debian developer).
>
> In the context of Debian's participation to the Google Summer of Code, the
> major hurdle to write a convincing proposal would be to articulate Cloudxy's
> developments with the development of Debian as a distribution.  In particular,
> preparing new packages is outside the scope of the SoC, so I have difficulties
> to find ideas for a relevant connexion.
>
> I have the impression that what you are looking for is rather a hybrid
> situation between umbrella and student.  I see with a search engine that you
> are approaching other organisations that are better suited than Debian for your
> interests.  I think that it will better to focus on them.

I just wanna make HLBS to be a cloud image for bioinformatics with Debian.
I would clip HLBS to be suitable for bioinformatics with Debian. And make
debian package for us during GSOC 2013. Also i wanna learn more about
bioinformatics. I think this is an interesting project for us, isn't it?

--
Thanks
Harry Wei