Re: Please let's not talk about "clouds"

Le Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:46:46AM -0400, Brian Gupta a écrit :

> While I agree with much of what you have to say here, and respect and
> understand the FSF's guidance on avoiding the use of these terms, I
> will personally be advocating within the project, that rather than
> stop using the term "Cloud" or "Cloud Computing" that we clarify the
> definitions very explicitly, inline with the NIST definitions [1], and
> clarifying the project's positions on these types of services, rather
> than completely not using these terms.
>
> -Brian
>
> P.S. - If anyone hasn't read the NIST doc, please consider doing so.
>
> [1] - http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-145/SP800-145.pdf

Dear Brian and everybody,

this is a good reading indeed.  Bonus points: it may be in the public
domain: it is a work of a U.S. governmental agency and contains a
statement that it is not subject to copyright, although it follows
a confusing statement for nongovernmental uses.

    This guideline has been prepared for use by Federal agencies. It may be
    used by nongovernmental organizations on a voluntary basis and is not subject
    to copyright, though attribution is desired.

I have added the link to our wiki in its "Cloud" page.

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan