Re: ec2debian-build-ami renamed to build-debian-cloud

Le Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:13:51AM +0200, Anders Ingemann a écrit :
> Sure, it's pretty easy to add it yourself though.
> The main plugin file is simply:
> insert_task_after $TASK_APT_SOURCES $
> plugindir/add-stable-packports/add-apt-source
> And add-apt-source would be:
> cat > $imagedir/etc/apt/sources.list.d/stable-backports <<EOF
> deb     http://http.debian.net/debian   stable-backports main
> deb-src http://http.debian.net/debian   stable-backports main
> EOF

Sorry I was too vague:

I think that once we will have a cloud-init backport, it will be tempting to
build stable images with cloud-init pre-installed.  I am not sure if the
current build-debian-cloud is able to create an image of Stable with the latest
backport of cloud-init, even if sources.list is modified as you indicated.
However, I think that it would be a very helpful feature.

To complicate things, cloud-init may be a special case as it will not be in
Wheezy, but otherwise if a package is both in stable and stable-backports,
the backport will not be selected by default and I do not think that debootstrap
is able to understand syntaxes such as "cloud-init/squeeze-backports".

Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan