Re: OpenStack Debian 7 Image

On 10/26/2013 06:07 AM, Tyler Wilson wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I've tried researching into creating a qcow2 Debian Openstack image but
> diddnt get very far; Is there a recently-updated guide on how this is
> completed or possibly a Debian-maintained cloud image? I've attempted
> using cloud-init (after adding from experimental)

You don't need the experimental version of cloud-init. This one contains
only an addition for Google cloud. If you are using Wheezy, then you can
use the version I uploaded to backports directly (don't use the one from
Sid).

> however it doesn't
> seem to work with growpart to resize /dev/vda1

It does work for me on OpenStack... Though here, it should be
/dev/xvda1, and not /dev/vda1, and I don't think that it is possible to
grow a partition in the AWS thing: you have access to a partition, not
to a full hard drive. So the only thing that should be done is
resize2fs, and that's it.

> and doesn't pull EC2
> metadata from 169.254.169.254 and instead uses the DHCP gateway.

It did work for me (again, on OpenStack, but that's the same EC2
protocol and same IP address). Are you sure that you have configured
cloud-init correctly? (you can try to dpkg-reconfigure cloud-init to
make sure of that)

Thomas Goirand (zigo)