Re: Status GCE images and trademark (was Please let's not talk about "clouds")

1) Providing "google custom kernels" in debian seems a moot point.
Google Compute injects its kernel into RAM and boots a disk off of it.
 No kernel on disk is required or even examined. Within the year, we
should be booting whatever kernel is on your image.  Let's not
engineer mediocre solutions for the short-term.

2) Google definitely would like "Debian" (in some way, shape, or
form), to "own" the customer experience of getting the latest and
greatest images and whatnot.  I think it's clear that finding people
who want to have ongoing relationships with the Google Compute team
would be ideal.  Keeping the communication "open" is most
constructive.

-david