Re: Offical Non-marketplace AMIs?

Le Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 05:31:38PM +0800, Thomas Goirand a écrit :

> Note that the above dpkg -i hack is because the cloud*
> packages aren't available in Wheezy.

Hi all,

I just sent cloud-init to wheezy-backport's NEW queue.

I built it from a Squeeze image upgraded to Wheezy on the Amazon cloud.  I had
a strange problem, where the build would fail when using fakeroot, but not when
being superuser.  I did not have time to investigate further.

In this environment, I also needed to install python-yaml and
python-setuptools, but did not have time to check if that holds true on
Unstable, so I did not update the source package.

If the backport is accepted, it may be interesting to mention it in promotion
documents, otherwise, my personal opinion is to stick to the facts (there is
currently no backport) rather than make promises (there will be backports),
even if they are easy to keep.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy