Automatic creation of Debian-Installer images for clouds following the Amazon API.

Dear all,

I made progresses in automatically creating machine images of the
Debian-Installer, that can be preseeded to install Debian on a fresh volume.  I
still have not figured out how to make the Debian images bootable, as I have
not found a good combination of GRUB menu.lst and fstab files that indicate
what will be the device, label or UUID of the root partition once the Debian
image started.  If anybody has an idea, please let me know !

I have published on my website the commands that I use to make the
Debian-Installer images.

    http://charles.plessy.org/Debian/debiâneries/installeur-debian-dans-un-nuage-2/

Once euca2ools or ec2-api-tools provide a commande to copy machine images
across availability zones, I volunteer to maintain up-to-date images of the
stable Debian-Installer on the Amazon cloud using the account managed by James.
The Debian-Installer images use the smallest size possible (1 GiB) and are
created with micro instances, to the cost should be minimal.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan