Re: Debian Squeeze (6.0.6) AMIs available in Sydney (still testing them)

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 14:21:41 +1100, Bromberger, James <jameseb@amazon.com> wrote:

(I'm on two separate webex/gotomeeting presentations right now, and trying to get this email out to you - multitask FTW! Please excuse brevity... ;) )
No problem! The AWS CAD was buy in Sydney the other week and its all round busy too!

Cloud-init - as a full cloud-init, no. Packaging of that is pending so that will make Wheezy + 1 hopefully.
We can't include http://packages.debian.org/experimental/cloud-init ?
Without cloud-init to bootstrap something like RightScale, it will mean that separate images with the particular agent or changes baked in are still required causing duplication. Like Ubuntu it would be good to not have to do that. I know cloud-init for Debian needs more help for Charles and others on the task, but without digressing too much on this thread, I wouldn't mind knowing the problems encountered for a basic remote script to run on boot.

However, executing UserData shell scripts - yes, absolutely!

More feedback greatly welcomed, especially from you Chris! :)

Many thanks,

  James

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Fordham [mailto:chris.fordham@rightscale.com]
Sent: Thursday, 22 November 2012 11:19 AM
To: debian-cloud@lists.debian.org; mpasqualone@me.com
Subject: Re: Debian Squeeze (6.0.6) AMIs available in Sydney (still testing them)

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:51:16 +1100, <mpasqualone@me.com> wrote:

Thanks James,

I'm giving them a test now. To anyone wondering, the default username
to connect is 'admin'.
Sorry to check in without getting the low down.
I just wanted to confirm these images include cloud-init as a service and you can run a user data/remote script etc. on boot?

I've been really busy with work duties. But I have some cycles now and can login to check things out and test if you are open to?

--
Michael

--

Chris Fordham