From: Stefano Zacchiroli [mailto:leader@debian.org]
Sent: Saturday, 17 November 2012 5:38 PM
To: debian-cloud@lists.debian.org
Subject: [bug] squeeze images: contrib/non-free enabled by default

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:10:55AM +0000, Bromberger, James wrote:
> TL;DR: please test final (?) images in US-East-1:
> 379101102735/debian-squeeze-{i386,amd64}-20121115. SSH as 'admin'.

I looked at the amd64 image (a bit brutally, by loopback mounting the AMIs downloaded from the public snapshots). I found a bug that I consider important enough to be fixed before releasing on AWS: contrib and non-free are enabled by default in sources.list.

That is a significant departure from what we do in regular Debian installations and I think it should be changed to match what we do there, i.e. the AMIs shall only have main enabled in sources.list.

FWIW, I did check that no contrib/non-free package is installed in the images.

Can we please fix this before the first release?
Thanks!

PS over the week-end I also plan to request the cloud.d.o pseudo-package
   in the BTS, but given we don't have it yet, I reported the bug here