Re: training sessions

On 12/05/2012 05:22 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I suspect people (including myself) would
> prefer to run them using free technologies [...]

Please do try with free software! I'm about to upload all
of our work into Debian Experimental, but in the mean
while, you can either build Openstack yourself from the
sources on Alioth, or use our non-official mirrors.

Everything is explained in more details here:
https://wiki.debian.org/OpenStackHowto/Folsom

I spent quite a lot of time to make it more easy to install,
with db management through dbconfig-common, and most
of the configuration being either fully automated, or done
through a few debconf prompts. If you understand what
all components are for, you can setup a small cloud within
few minutes. The hardest part is networking though (with
iptables namespaces, gre tunneling, management network
and bridging, etc.). I'm still trying to figure it all out, and I will
try to integrate the Quantum network setup in the howto,
and probably, few things will also change in the packaging.

I'd be happy to have feedback on both the howto, and
the packages themselves. So far, nobody complained :)

I can also organize training sessions on Openstack. Anyway,
I am supposed to prepare some for the Taiwanese /National
Center for High Performance Computing/ (nchc) who invited
me after the Chinese new year.

> I'd be personally interested in a training session on EC2-related
> technologies

I'd be happy to be there when there's EC2 sessions too.
I've been working more on providing the technology than
using it... :)

Thomas