Re: Reading archives..

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 10:38:07AM +0000, Bromberger, James wrote:
> 1) SSH Username: 'debian' is an obvious choice. Ec2-user is the other. Time for an informal vote here?
The documentation seems to use ec2-user a lot.  It would come down to
what is the likelyhood the image could be used elsewhere (making
ec2-user bad) versus being used in other distributions (making debian
bad).

> 2) Old AMI retention: absolutely have to be careful because of this. So much notice about deprecation, and possible notification of deletion?
Might be worth working out up front what needs to happen for an image to
go in and for an image to retire.  I'm also unsure what happens with an
image if a security bug is found.

Might be a good idea to talk to people that run herds of normal servers
to see if there are common things that should be put into the images.
I'd see this as a refinement though.

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org