On 2021-06-24 06 h 56, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 4:21 PM Utkarsh Gupta <utkarsh@debian.org> wrote:
>> Hold on, does that mean when we s/old-list/new-list in our packages,
>> we'll get emails to this list about each new upload from Debian FTP
>> Masters & each time a package migrates to testing, and for each bug,
>> et al, like this[1]?

As you point out, it was already the case for the old list. I think
(contrary to the Python Team) the level of mails was acceptable, but
that's a very personal thing.

>> This becomes excessively spammy & the main purpose of the list will be
>> lost. I did not subscribe to the older list because of the very same
>> reason. That said, if I'm the only one who feels this way, then by all
>> means go ahead, I won't be a blocker here.
>
> I'd rather prefer having a Clojure team on tracker.d.o and using
> team+clojure@tracker.debian.org as the Python team does. Or
> alternatively, not have a new re-direction and use the older Clojure
> list for that purpose. But that's just a suggestion.

I don't feel there's any downsides of using
team+clojure@tracker.debian.org as a maintainer contact. If people want
to subscribe to it they can, and it does make the main list "cleaner".

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Louis-Philippe Véronneau