Re: C-sharp question: Failure adding assembly ... Strong name cannot be verified for delay-signed assembly

Hello,

On Sat, 2015-10-17 at 02:58 +0200, Mirco Bauer wrote:
> Maybe that is just a placeholder signature but not a real signature.
> See delayed signed libraries. Those you need to sign using sn -R $dll
> $snk IIRC yourself after the dll was compiled. For more background
> see: http://stackoverflow.com/a/8394506

When I sign the file manually after installation, then the postinst
script runs fine, so I added the signing to the build scripts. Now I
have the following wired problem:

When I check the signatures after dpkg-buildpackage has run I get:

the assembly installed in debian/tmp report

   sn -v tmp/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdcm-sharp.dll
   Assembly tmp/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdcm-sharp.dll is strongnamed.

but the one in the package preparation reports

  sn -v libgdcm-cil//usr/lib/cli/gdcm-sharp-2.6/gdcm-sharp.dll
  Assembly libgdcm-cil//usr/lib/cli/gdcm-sharp-2.6/gdcm-sharp.dll
  is delay-signed but not strongnamed

So it seems that one of the dh_* scripts run after dh_install removes
the signature.

In fact dh_makeclilibs already reports
  dh_makeclilibs:
   debian/libgdcm-cil/usr/lib/cli/gdcm-sharp-2.6/gdcm-sharp.dll
  has no valid signature, ignoring

Consequently, the postinstallation script fails.