System.EntryPointNotFoundException: CreateCaret

[CC me please]

Could someone with better mono understanding could clarify issue #767355.

Basically I failed to understand whether the upstream code is using
intentionally Win32 API (via P/Invoke) to make the code less portable,
or if mono simply does not support CreateCaret function at all.

If this is only a matter of changing a couple of lines to make the
code portable, then all is fine. If the implementation is made such as
it will never work on mono, then I'll fill a RM at ftp.debian.org.

Grepping in mono code, I can find that there is an implementation for
CreateCaret:

$ grep CreateCaret
mcs/class/Managed.Windows.Forms/System.Windows.Forms/XplatUIX11.cs
internal override void CreateCaret (IntPtr handle, int width, int height)

Thanks for clarification.