Re: mono-vbnc

Jo Shields schrieb:
On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 15:54 +0200, Chakotey STME wrote:
Hello,

I'm new in mono and mono.
I'd like to compile a vb.NET application.

I use debian lenny with kernel 2.6.26 and I tried to install mono-vbnc
via:
apt-cache search mono-vbnc

But there is no entry for mono-vbnc.
Is that software unstable?

The package was not created until after the release of Lenny. It is
available for more recent Debian releases than Lenny, i.e. Squeeze.
There are plenty of guides to be found elsewhere on updating to a more
recent version of Debian.
Thanks for your answer.
If I want to use Lenny and mono-vbnc - can I download and install it from source?
Or would you say I will get some trouble when I try this?

thanks