Inclusion of TheLastRipper in Debian

Hi Jonas,

I am Mirco Bauer a Debian developer who works on inclusion of
TheLastRipper in Debian. I created the debian source package [0] and
uploaded that one already to the Debian/Unstable archive. The source
package is now in the NEW queue [1] for review by the ftpmasters.

I didn't notice any trouble with the software, but I had to make one
modification to the source tarball. The tarball contains a
binary-only file called taglib-sharp/taglib-sharp.dll which I had to
remove. The Debian Free Software Guidelines [2] don't permit to include
code which cannot be modified (as there is no source for it). Debian
contains already a package for the taglib-sharp library [3], so that
was no big deal to change the linkage in the build-system [4]. I am
not sure if other Linux distributions also include that library
already, but it would be nice if you could address this issue in future
versions so it's easier to keep the debian package version current.

Thanks for this nice software!

[0] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-cli-apps/packages/thelastripper.git;a=summary
[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/thelastripper_1.4.0+dfsg-1.html
[2] http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines