Re: mcs vs gmcs

Bojan Rajkovic wrote:
Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
Hi there,

  Which compiler should I be using in a package ? I cannot find any
policy in:
http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/cli-policy/ch-packaging.html#s-build-deps

  Is this better for now to build the *.dll file using mcs (mono 1.0) ?

Thanks,
Hi Mathieu,

mcs is for C# 1.0 and 1.1, gmcs is for C# 2.0 and 3.0. If you're using
any newer features, you'll need to use gmcs. So, the correct answer
is, it depends on your code. :)

We have deprecated support for 1.0 entirely, so only 2.0-based building is allowed. You should build-depend on "mono-devel" which will pull in the compiler, and force your build system to use "csc" as a compiler (which points to our current default compiler version)