Re: 5.6x upload status + some upload requests

Il 25/11/2022 00:27, Joshua Peisach ha scritto:
Hello everyone,

(This is partially an upload request and the other half just where we are)

I am not sure if you guys have seen but I have made a few more packages, they are in the experimental branch (so you may not have seen them)

cinnamon-desktop 5.6.0
cinnamon-screensaver 5.6.1
cinnamon-translations 5.6.0
^ these have packages ready for upload in experimental branch (is that fine?)

If these can get uploaded soon that'd be awesome :)

It looks like on the master branches, cinnamon-settings-daemon 5.6.0 is done and needs an upload, cjs needs an update for 5.6.1 (I'll do that tomorrow)

After that, all that is left once the build deps are all good to go is:

muffin
nemo
nemo-fileroller
cinnamon

then the cinnamon-desktop-environment metapackage needs an update.

As for the extensions, I am going to cleanup Nemo-compare, I think for now that's the only extension in high demand; maybe also emblems.

Thanks
-Josh

I saw, thanks. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time, to finish, test and upload them all, I'll continue in these days.

About packages with only version bump or minor changes I'll upload directly to unstable after testing them, some already done. cinnamon-settings-daemon have no effective changes, so is a waste of time and resource upload it now to I'll wait next bugfix. Similar to nemo estensions and cjs.

About cinnamon-screensaver don't require strict deps with other components looking the changes, I'll test it and upload to unstable probably.

About experimental there will be cinnamon-translation (need to wait the effective translation update in next version after clem will include all major PR/changes will want for 5.6 and update at least the pot of all components), cinnamon-desktop cinnamon muffin and nemo.

sadly upstream doesn't have enough developers and most of the development is concentrated these days (although tagged as 5.6 it's considered alpha or beta at the moment) however in this version there are no major remakes so I think it will be quite stable in time to freeze for debian 12