cjs mozjs 78 versus gjs

Hi all,

(btw, who is still considering themselves as maintaining Cinnamon?)

I guess most have seen the long thread here
	https://github.com/linuxmint/cjs/issues/80
Two options are discussed:

- patch cjs to newer gjs
	about 400 files and tens of thousands of lines touched
	this is what is currently in experimental and looks like
	a working solution
- switch cinnamon completely to gjs instead of cjs
	this patch is much smaller, here is the diffstat
	 b/configure.ac                  |    8 +-
	 b/debian/control                |    7 -
	 b/js/Makefile.am                |    1
	 b/js/misc/fileUtils.js          |   11 +-
	 b/js/perf/core.js               |  215 --------------------------------------------------------
	 b/js/ui/extension.js            |    4 -
	 b/js/ui/main.js                 |    8 --
	 b/js/ui/overrides.js            |  314 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	 b/src/Makefile.am               |    2
	 b/src/cinnamon-global-private.h |    2
	 b/src/cinnamon-global.c         |    1
	 b/src/cinnamon-plugin.c         |    2
	 b/src/run-js-test.c             |    2
	 configure.ac                    |    2
	 debian/control                  |    6 -
	 js/ui/scripting.js              |  370 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not really sure which way we want to go, in particular since
upstream hasn't given as much as a peep about their plan.

The first approach has the advantage that if upstream switches to newer
mozjs, then the outcome will be probably quite similar.

The second approach has the advantage that we can rely on gjs, the patch
is much smaller, but it deviates considerably from upstream.

What are your opinions on that, for Debian, not for general consumption.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev