Re: Cinnamon 4.4 upload to unstable?

Il 09/02/2020 20:58, Norbert Preining ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sat, 08 Feb 2020, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
>> Muffin actually in unstable fails to build
>> (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=950915), new version
>> It also approaches the "debian import freeze" (February 27th) of the
>> next ubuntu lts, if we want cinnamon 4.4 in it I think must be uploaded
> Ok, I will upload the current status in the next 3 days (still
> traveling a bit).
>
> Hopefully Max can give his ok, otherwise we go without it.
>
> Best
>
> Norbert
>
> --
> PREINING Norbert                               http://www.preining.info
> Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev
> GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0 ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13

Norbert, thanks for your good work.

I did another look to packages and I noted that some don't have deps and
reverse-deps (with break) updated, mainly the reverse-deps, with
experimental upload the not reverse-deps is not needed with upload of
all components packages but with upload to unstable yes to avoid during
migration to testing that some users installing/upgrading it risk to do
"partial upgrade" that cause issue (as not supported upstream).

I did it with fast commits, I hope to did all missed important dump
needed, more exactly are on packages:

- cinnamon-screensaver

- cinnamon-desktop

- muffin

- cjs

- cinnamon-settings-daemon

note: about libcscreensaver0, muffin-common that not have break seems
little strange, I not have time now to look better if really not needed