Bug#952972: cinnamon: windows (desklets?) at the back capturing clicks from front windows
Hello Dear Maintainers,
Several users seem to experience weirdness with mouse clicks with
Cinnamon, this problem may have been around for years. I'm still
unsure of the origin, I suspect the culprit may be related to the
«Desklets» feature. I kinda manage to reproduce it.
It happens both on Debian Stable, and Debian Testing.
So, here is the setup:
- Have the «Notes» (@schlorri) Desklet running on the Desktop. Customize
it to use some text editor like gedit. Put this desklet to the center
of the screen.
- Run gnome-terminal. Put this terminal to the center of the screen in
front of the desklet.
- Run nemo file-manager, windowed not fullscreen, in front of the 2
- Now, minimize Nemo to taskbar, and quickly click (eventually
double-click, this might exhibit the behaviour more often) on
the center of the screen (that is, on the terminal) during the
What will happen:
- gedit will popup, although the desklet was not on the
- the Note desklet will be in "move window" mode, even though mouse
button has been released.
You might have to repeat step 4 a few times to manage to get this