Re: Cinnamon 4.2, salsa and master branch

Il 01/09/2019 14:11, Norbert Preining ha scritto:
Hi Fabio,

On Sun, 01 Sep 2019, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
Was better waita little longer, I reviewedonly few packages :(
It is experimental ... now people (including Max and you and others) can
easily install it and test, and after we have a bit of feedback and
reviews we can discuss sid.

ok, even if at least a fast review also before experimental don't seems bad idea to me

I continued small review to 4.2 packages:

cjs:
- upstream added libxml2-utils as missed build-dep, need to be checked if really needed and if yes add it: https://github.com/linuxmint/cjs/commit/ea081f3272d5dfb78eceef47826acf90db5d4bdd#diff-6e9552c9bd8e61c8f277c21220160234
- these symbols missed in 4.2 seems strange:
https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/cjs/commit/04d50b7e8fecf97a7bff0654028e76d7a6392259
cjs 4.0->4.2 are near nothing and I didn't saw nothing that can remove that symbols from a fast look, and even if really removed the lines should be removed, or I'm wrong?
@Maxy: can you take a look to this please?
---
muffin:
4.2 changes look ok except symbols keeped commented that not seems good
https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/muffin/commit/2b33cfdc5ef962ff39f9b57278444b216ef57757
about 4.0 changes that was "big" (for upstream changes) and with not optimal things need further investigation on how to improve if possibile, but seems nothing blocking, so can be postposted (also because it would take a long time)
---
nemo-fileroller
no real change from upstream 4.0->4.2 but only version increase for all package inside nemo-extension, I don't think it would even have been useful to do a new build but now it's done

About cinnamon proposed update for buster I fixed the version that
should be in changelog (based on what I know):
Thanks yes, something like this - I always forget the correct naming
(although I have done many security fixes over the last 20 years).

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev